Gismo_uk

Console Gamer Needs Advice On Pc Specs

Hi All, I currently play fs 17 on Console, I used to play fs 13 & 15 on Laptop but after Christmas time update had insufficient Ram and was not upgradeable, so I bought disk for Console and was a cheap solution. With the addition of Mods to 17 it is not to bad to play.

I would like to thank the Staff at Black Sheep Modding, GTX Modding and any other Modders out there for the Excellent work they have done in converting their games for Console use, my Farm is covered in your Mods and it looks and works great.

However I am currently off Sick and have been Watching a lot of Farmer Klein & Eustace Pharmer content, I would like to build a PC once I get back to work, my Sons have offered to put it together for me. I have not used a Site like this before so I hope I have put this in right section

I have no idea how all this works and Watching videos where the log is being checked, and coloured rods suddenly appear showing tip boxes, but I do enjoy playing this game.

So if anyone could give me specs for what I would need to Run a 4X map and maybe even do some Modding that would be good.

thanks in advance

Gismo_uk

Edited by Guest
  • Like 3

Hello, Gismo_uk. Ill list what I have as kind of a basis for you. You can definitely play FS17 with lower specs than mine. I play on a custom Very High graphics setting and have no issue with most maps keeping 60FPS.

i5-6600K CPU 3.5Ghz

16GB DDR4 Ram

Windows 10

256GB M2 SSD for OS

2TB SATA drive for game and applications

GTX 960 Graphics card

3 Asus 27" displays but I farm sim on just 1 in window mode at 1920X1080. I use the other screens while farming for youtube Watching, looking things up, monitoring a youtube stream or monitoring the recording.

650W power supply from EVGA

CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO Cpu cooler (my CPU does not get very hot even at 100% load while encoding this is a wonderful cooler)

I built my system for racing online and as I said it handles FS17 with out any issue. Runs the editor fine also.

• Like 1

My spec which I use on custom very high. I don't always get 60fps but you won't notice if you can keep it above 40fps.

CPU AMD fx8350

Graphics Nvidia GTX970

Memory 24Gbs

Drives many but most game I run off a slow drive

Win 10 Pro

bronze rated 750w PSU

Screens main an old ProLite 24" I run at 1920x1080, second screen for use when recording BenQ 22"

With AMD fx8350 a cooler is a must I use CoolerMaster Hyper 212.

• Like 1

Here are my specs. I built this gaming machine about 3 years ago. The amount of RAM I'm running is overkill, but RAM is cheap so why not. But I play with max settings and all is wonderful.

My Sim - PLANES, TRAINS AND AUTOMOBILES - And Farming Too!

Like @Farmer Klein and @mereman I'm also running the Coolermaster Hyper 212. I initially built my system with a liquid cooler as I wanted to try something different. The pump went out after about two months and nearly killed my machine. I promptly placed that piece of junk in the trash and went back to air cooled and the Hyper212. You can't find a better air cooled CPU cooler.

I play mostly simulation based games including FS17, ATS, ETS2 and Flight Sim. Even though my machine specs are about 3 years old, it's running Prepar3D v4 (64 bit) very, very well and pending no hardware malfunctions, I plan to continue to use this gaming machine a few more years.

Jerry

• Like 1

Not to hijack the thread but every time I see in the alerts that someone mentioned me in a thread I think to myself.

Oh no now what did I go and say/do and now i'm being called out on it.

Here are my specs. I built this gaming machine about 3 years ago. The amount of RAM I'm running is overkill, but RAM is cheap so why not. But I play with max settings and all is wonderful.

Like @Farmer Klein and @mereman I'm also running the Coolermaster Hyper 212. I initially built my system with a liquid cooler as I wanted to try something different. The pump went out after about two months and nearly killed my machine. I promptly placed that piece of junk in the trash and went back to air cooled and the Hyper212. You can't find a better air cooled CPU cooler.

I play mostly simulation based games including FS17, ATS, ETS2 and Flight Sim. Even though my machine specs are about 3 years old, it's running Prepar3D v4 (64 bit) very, very well and pending no hardware malfunctions, I plan to continue to use this gaming machine a few more years.

Jerry

Thanks very much Guys for the info, very informative and have passed on to my sons.

• Like 2

You are very welcome. If you want any more help just ask.

Not to hijack the thread but every time I see in the alerts that someone mentioned me in a thread I think to myself.

Oh no now what did I go and say/do and now i'm being called out on it.

Farmer Klein I think your map reviews are informative, comprehensive and fair and you say it as it is if something is wrong, they all follow the same standard. I think it is great that you leave in your mistakes like Driving into the Dykes on the Dutch map many would edit this out.

Your series on the Mod contest reviews, has given people the ability to vote for them even if they play on Console, or are not able to download Maps themselves.

If I have any criticism it is that when moving around map, it would be helpful to keep small map up at all times as this would help to gain perspective of Map, as large map covers too much detail.

Please keep up the good work.

Gismo_uk

• Like 1

Jerry

I have not been on site like this before, can you watch live stream without playing in the game, as u tube video I was Watching had 2 players (top left of screen)but Farmer Klein was talking to several other people at the same time. There was also mention of Discord is this a communication app. thanks

gismo_uk

• Like 1

The live streams are on YouTube live a few of the player stream so you can see different views. Discord is a communication program. I can't see it at the moment but I think there's a link.

• Like 1

You must have been Watching one of my pine cove farm live streams on the open PC-SG community server. Depending on the stream there would have been some folks in the map with me playing and I would have been talking to them via discord and you would have heard their responses int he stream as well as I pipe their discord audio into the stream for all to hear. I also have the you tube chat window up during the stream that i monitor from a secondary display and i will comment back to the chat room. I do not know how to overlay the chat into the stream so if your Watching the stream after the fact you do not see the chat messages but just hear my responses to them.

You can be a part of the live stream in chat just Watching and commenting. If there are folks in the game we try to read chat messages to give others playing a chance to also participate in chat via voice response. As a PC-SG member you could play on the open multiplay server. Right now I do wed night streams on the server but the server is up all the time. That's where discord comes in to chat with those also in the server to coordinate tasks, etc.

Thank you for your kind words on my map videos. I try to keep to a very stringent order of doing things. This keeps me from forgetting and for those that watch more than 1 they know what to expect when. Some folks bale after Watching the first 10 min or so of the video long enough to see the map layout, the starting fields and the starting equipment, others stay on for the whole ride. I pull up the big map when driving around when I am lost or trying to figure out how to get some place but I think it take up to much of the screen so I close it or make it a smaller map most of the time. Its always a trade off in showing the map itself from different angles and figuring out where we are and where we are going.

For every map that makes it into the channel there are usually 3 or so that i have looked at that don't make it due to errors or other issues.

• Like 1