Wonko

Closing down

It is with real sadness I have to announce that PCSG will be closing down at the end of the month after 6 years living in the internet. I have been struggling to find the time and motivation to look after the community for a while, this is mostly due to a change in my work commitments but also my wife has been suffering badly with her health over the past 18 months and obviously family comes first in all things.

The rise of Facebook & Discord and other social media has had a big impact on forums across the internet and PCSG has not been immune to the decline in forum use.

I want to thank @mereman aka reeefy @GrizzlyBearSims and  @Dirtracer00 @Johnny Vee for their help & support in setting up PCSG in the first place we would never have got this far with out them, Thanks guys👍

Thank you the members for living up to the ethos behind the community of friendliness & helping out fellow gamers without the drama, we have only ever had to ban 1 person (out of 9k members) in all the six years apart from spammers which is testament to how things can be if the will is there, its been a real pleasure and I hope to keep meeting you all on our streams with @Johnny Vee @Brummie Farmer @Icelandic Farmer @mancert and Farmer Oopps

Thank you to all the modders who have trusted us to host their mods in a secure (as much as anything can be on the interweb) and hassle free way for all to enjoy.

Thank you all

Wonko

P.S

If there is anyone who feels they can take up where I have left off please contact me I would be more than happy to pass PCSG on to someone who can take it forward and keep the community going.

• Super Like 2
  • Friendly 1

A sad day indeed.

I am honoured to have been part of PC-SG.

To be part of a site with no flame wars has been great. To be part of a site which everyone takes account of other peoples views is very rare now a days. Take a bow all who are/have been part of PC-SG.

Much as I would love to take it on my own and my wife's health won't allow me to.

• Super Like 6

Sad news, but completely understand where the priorities need to be, and that is always with family first.  Have very much enjoyed the positive atmosphere of this forum which is seldom seen anywhere else.

Best of luck to you and your family and certainly want to extend thanks to all the other members as well for their supportive and friendly approach to this forum.

• Super Like 4

Thanks for all you did. I hope wellness for your wife and good luck whatever you do. Thank you for letting me be a small part off such a great webpage and group of people, that handled everything in these times with the civility that we all need today. I wish everyone well!!

Jim Estep

• Super Like 4

This is very sad news, although Family does and should always come first and foremost to anything else so I understand completely. I want to wish your wife and yourself the very best and hope her health gets better. I want to say Thank You for allowing me to be a part of this very peaceful, respectful, and very friendly community. I have met some wonderful people that have never once been disrespectful or rude in any way. I have only met true down to earth people that would always lend a hand to help with any problem or question you had. I would love to take this and keep this wonderful community alive if I had both the time and know how to do so the way it is done now. I wish you all the best and again, Thank you all for allowing me to meet so many wonderful people that have become friends.

• Super Like 3

Great news😀

@River Has stepped forward to take over the running of PC-SG, a formal hand over date has not been confirmed just yet but PC-SG will not be closing down after all, please make River welcome and support him as you have me and the team.

AgnesOverjoyed

• Super Like 3

Hi Everyone.

Big thank you to @Wonko for giving me the opportunity to take over the site. I am very excited to see where things can go.

I want to speak a little bit about my plans going forward, once we have a firm handoff date set.

The first step will be migrating to a new server. This is most likely to take 2-3 hours where the site will be offline and will be done in the next couple of weeks. Once on the new server, a lot of new possibilities open up.

My main goal will be to keep this same community atmosphere but focus on growth. I would like to expand our modding/resources sections to try and drive some more visitors to the site.

I am open to suggestions and would love to hear how you think we can grow as a community and how I can fit in with all of you.

I am looking forward to working with and meeting all of you over the coming months and I'm excited about some of the ideas I'll be trying to implement over the coming weeks!

• Super Like 6
  • Winner 1
  • Like 2

Now that's good news😊

Welcome the new boss😉

Must get back to putting the links back into my videos😁

Looking forward to working with you.

• Super Like 1

Welcome @River. Thank you for stepping up and keeping this wonderful community here alive. Looking forward to seeing this community grow and be successful.

• Super Like 2

Great to hear you have stepped up to continue the site @River.  Looking forward to help in any way I can.

• Super Like 1

Posted (edited)

Hi Wonko, sorry to hear you are leaving PC-SG.

I have not been here much due to ill health myself, mine is just what happens when you become old and things breakdown (enough about me).

I just want to wish you and your family all the best, and it was a pleasure to work with you.

Good luck to you River, and thank you for taking over. This site has warm and friendly people but, watch out for mereman he can take liberties if not kept in check.😉

All the best.

Mick (OldGit)

Edited by OldBor
  • Super Like 2
  • Like 1

Hi guys, it looks like @River may have got cold feet, I can not get any response from him for over a week now so no idea whats happening but its not looking good.

13 hours ago, Wonko said:

Hi guys, it looks like @River may have got cold feet, I can not get any response from him for over a week now so no idea whats happening but its not looking good.

Hi there,

I had a work trip, forgot to mention it 😕

I am still very much interested in getting this transfer done.

I have an additional server setup and ready, waiting for the domain transfer to take place.

Thanks all!

• Super Like 3