Corn_King

Corn King's Youtube Findings

Hi guys, I spend a lot of my free time browsing farming related videos on YouTube, as YouTube is chock full of them, and they tend to be high quality. I thought I would make a thread to share the more interesting ones I find.

The first one is about an interesting and unique tractor from the Czech Republic. I cant understand what is being said, but it is great to watch it in action.

[media]

[/media]

Edited thread title - pixelek

• Like 4

hmm ok @Corn_King so a new tractor? company? / designed?

new rule, you post it you translate :p

Lol from what I can gather using Google translate on the comments it is a replica? of the Fendt Trisix

33khisa.jpg

• Like 4

I swear the commentator is John Craven :eek: never knew he could speak czech:D

Lol I had to google that name, sadly my knowledge of BBC television personalities begins and ends with the cast of Are You Being Served, Monty Python, and Benny Hill Laugh

• Like 1

I would love to get to see a Lanz Bulldog started in person sometime

[media]

[/media]

One of these old Field Marshall's too

[media]

[/media]
  • Like 4

The Field Marshall one of my favourite tractors. I have seen these started in real life both the crank handle and the cartridge system.

• Like 2

Very interesting. I think if I had to start the Bulldog all the time, I would have just hitched up the mules lol. Never saw a tractor started with a blank shell before. I hope the owners of these fine pieces of equipment pass on their love of machines to today's generation who can continue to preserve and show off these fine machines from our past.

Yep, it is really great the work people do to preserve these pieces of history and keep them in living order.

[media]

[/media]
  • Like 3

Got a RV ac unit on top of the cab. That's one heck of a tractor. Twin 627 Detroits - impressive.

• Like 1

I am going to move this thread to real life farming, though I might have to start a new forum just for the amazing tractors and machinery.

That sounds like a good idea Wonko.

Here is a YouTube channel I am a big fan of. It is titled "How Farms Work". It is run by a young gentleman out of Wisconsin USA on his families farm. He makes great videos about the day to day activities of farming on a smaller farm, and he gets some great footage with his drone of farming equipment in action. I highly recommend this channel if you're interested in small American farms.

[media]

[/media]
  • Like 3

I agree he makes some really good videos and is very personable including his family and girlfriend in most that he does. And in the 2nd video, that sure seems like a lot of weight to be carried to high above the tractor. Has to cause the center of gravity to be significantly higher.

• Like 1

I think we have seen the same videos this week, lol...I sub to tractorspotter... they seem to be the best...I also sub to How Farms work...great to see day to day work on the farm...I watched a couple of animations from John Deere this week too...this one explained lot to me...good thread, let's keep it going

[media]

[/media]
  • Like 3

Excellent videos @Scoops. Most people would never even imagine how complex a machine the combine is. Nice to see those animations showing how the equipment works.

Sugar harvesting and processing. It is a good video, especially at the end where the narrator goes into a spiel about all the myths about sugar being harmful and how it does not cause diabetes, then the end credits showing the American Sugar Council, or some such. Had a good Laugh at that.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Gerfuu0QGk[/media]

• Like 2

Nice to the see the young guy wearing hearing protection while operating the custom onion harvester. Another amazing piece of farm equipment. Lots of peanuts grown my area. It's hard to imagine how the old time farmers coped with the dust created by the harvesting of the peanuts before enclosed cab tractors and harvesters. But thankful because I could live off boiled peanuts. Nothing better.

• Like 1

Dirtracer I agree with you about everything but the boiled peanuts. Confused Maybe it is because I am a Yankee from Illinois, or maybe it is because I have never had them served right, but I just have never liked boiled peanuts. Love peanuts every other way though Roflmao

@Corn_King want to hear something funny, I like all kinds of peanuts, any way they are served. But I will not eat peanut butter. I wouldn't eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches growing up either. Now how can a person like peanuts and not peanut butter?? Anyway, I like the cajun spiced boiled peanuts. Wife's kinfolk are from Louisiana, so they got me into the spicy peanuts.