Corn_King

Does Anyone Know About When Corn Is Usually Harvested In The Midwest?

Hey guys, I live in the state of Illinois in the US, and I am trying to pin down a date range of when its normal for corn to be harvested so I can keep an eye out as I want to span pictures of the harvest in action. I know field corn is harvested in the fall and it depends on moisture content and so forth, but if anyone can help me pin the date range down I would appreciate. I will repay you with more photos.

• Like 1

Hasn't started being harvested around me yet. Corn just beginning to turn brown. Beans are coming out, but I would say the corn is a month away from getting going in earnest. As long as it can dry in the field they don't seem to be in a hurry. This is strictly an amateur observation; and would love to have a real farmer post a reply.

• Like 1

Heard today that here along the 45th parallel of the US (North that is :)) 87% of the bean harvest is in and about 33% of the corn is in the bin. This is a little behind normal due to a wet September, but not too far off.

• Like 1