GrizzlyBearSims

Are You A Flight Sim Enthusiast?

Are you a flight sim enthusiast?  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

While most of our topics of conversation here at PC-SG are Farm Sim related and I suppose a close second is Truck Sim, I'm sort of curious how many of our current members are also interested in flight simulation?

I'm writing a blog article which I hope to wrap up and publish tomorrow morning titled "2017 A Great Year for Flight Simulation". The the recent release of P3D v4 (64 bit), it's re-kindled an over 35 year passion in flight sim and I plan to add flight sim content to my YouTube channel to rotate along with my FS17 content.

As PC-SG can be the home of all things simulation gaming (it's in our name), I'm here to help anyone who may have an interest/desire in flight sim any way I can.

Thanks for your time

Jerry

• Like 1

If I had more free time I would be interested in giving it a try, not sure many would want to fly wonko airways with me behind the controls Minion Amazed

I started venturing into flight sims with DCS and Rise of Flight but got distracted by the Elite Dangerous Beta and never made it back. I've been thinking about firing up the A10C once more but struggling to find the time

Though I've haven't picked up DCS in quite a while I know that the past year has been pretty significant in terms of releasing new content for that title as well.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 2

@wonko when I first tried FSX, I could take off and fly but I must have crashed a hundred planes trying to learn to land lol. It became a lot more fun when I invested in a joystick. Actually, I consider a joystick a necessity to truly be able to enjoy the sim. Trying to fly with a keyboard and mouse or even an Xbox controller is a study in frustration.

• Like 1

I love FSX and fly whenever I have time, which is not nearly as much as previously, due to getting mired down in GE (quite addictive) editing and making FS maps... I have made several custom airports and a few islands for my FSX and have several addon scenery packs as well as over 200 cool planes to fly... ranging from the F-22 down to a payware 737... :)

• Like 1