Sign in to follow this  
Wonko

Disappointing mods/maps

I downloaded a map to have a look as it promised to be a nice small map and boy what a disappointment, as soon as I walked round the farm yard it was obliviously a half finished map with absolutely no finishing or attention to details. I thought ok just open up in GE and tidy it up a bit but as I progressed around this very small, map it got worse, buildings on hillsides with the ground right up to the windows and roller-shutter door half covered, huge mud puddles in the middle of tarmac roads, just really badly done and badly thought through, the map was marked as a beta but I would suggest it was a Alpha or W.I.P at best.

I wont name the map as I don't wish to disrespect the map maker as there may be a good reason it was released in the state it is.

• Informative 1
  • Agree 2

I know the feeling.... Recently I downloaded a map that looked really good in all aspects. However, in the end there was just so much Mud that it was ridiculous... yes it looked good on the ground aesthetically, but practically it was just a pain..

I don't believe naming and shaming does anyone any good in these cases, and I believe saying nothing is of more benefit, but on the flip side I will yell high and low the praise of good mods/maps - for example the GTX Mods Krone Big M! lol

• Like 2

Have you ever used the BigMDevilish(

I agree about mud I got fed up with some maps in 15 that had bottomless mud. I always found Stevie got it right just enough to slow you but not enough to drown the Tractor

• Agree 2

29 minutes ago, mereman said:

Have you ever used the BigMDevilish(

I agree about mud I got fed up with some maps in 15 that had bottomless mud. I always found Stevie got it right just enough to slow you but not enough to drown the Tractor

Hmm no I have never used the Big M, I just heard that some people use it, not that I would know anything about it! Facepalm(

• Haha 4