mereman

Update on my wife

Thanks to all who have sent their good wishes.

I have been posting mainly on my YouTube channel and in my YouTube thread on here.

So for those with taste who haven't seen what's been happeningLaugh)

About a week ago Jackie (my wife) had a fall in the bath room. At first didn't think it was too serious but went to A&E for a check over. At that time not to much seemed wrong. Just a lot of pain, which was under control.

Fast forward two days to Wednesday lunch time we had just sat down when Jackie was in great pain in the chest region. My first thought was a heart attack so on to the 999 service which was quick a first responder in 10 minutes (lucky we still have one stationed in the town. Not a heart attack but didn't look good anyway.

Off to A&E by ambulance again (we were getting our moneys worth from the NHS) where they decided to keep her in.

She had broken at least two ribs and one had made a small hole in the left lungFrown(  After checking the X-rays they also found a blood clot in the lung. A drain was inserted which cleared the loose blood but the clot was still there if a bit smaller.

They kept her under observation for the next few days, the clot was getting smaller but not quickly enough. So they decided if the clot was still there this morning (Monday) they would operate.

Now the excellent bit, this morning when they X-rayed the clot had gone:)

So I should be collecting her this afternoon. Still have to do all the work but without the hour and a half round trip everyday.

• Friendly 3

Thats great news mate was only wondering yesterday how Jackie was doing, please pass on my best wishes and a speedy recovery?

• Like 1

I will mate.

Just waiting on the "get the 'ell out of our hospital" from the consultant.Laugh)

• Like 1

Great news Mike and I wish you and her the best on the recovery.  Broken ribs can be very troublesome.

• Like 1

We are back home. Jackie is very tired but happy to be at home.

<now where did I put my nurses outfit..... Oh there's the stockings>Laugh)

Hey Mike, been a busy few weeks for me.  But glad to here Jackie is home.  Now I just need to try to scrub the image of you in stockings out of my head.  

• Like 2

Mike that is awesome news.. glad to hear.... more importantly it means I can drive like normal now instead of emulating you.... I figured the internet needed some laughing at poor driving skills in your absence!

So happy to hear Jackie is on the mend, and looking forward to seeing you back up and running mate.

• Like 1

Hey Mike,  I am glad to hear your wife is on the mend.. Best wishes to both of you :-)

• Like 1

She says thanks to all who wished her well it means a lot to her.

Still be about a week before I feel safe to leave her for more then an hour.

Some other good news I may be able to make a video tomorrow, be a while before I'm back to 5 a week.

It will be a Blickling as I have made a number of changes including adding MR. So even more crashes.

• Like 1

Great news to hear about your wife.... sad news to hear about you playing MR.... don't know if I can crack many more ribs laughing at your driving! lol

• Haha 1