Wonko

FS19 What are you hoping to see?

This is what Daggerwins followers have as their top 10, what do PC-SG members want to see in FS19?

My wants.

Seasons, More Realistic, Soil mod, expandable farms all which can be switch on or off.

I'm not worried about brands over much. What I have seen on dynamic ground at the moment I'm not a fan.

Moveable animals would be great, I'd love to be able to go one stage further on my organic farming:-)

• Like 3

Mine would be the following;

1) Better multiplayer networking, the way the game works in multiplayer is terrible

2) Seasons

3) better fertilisation/soil mod

4) Buy and sell fields

5) Used vehicles 

6) Dynamic ground

7) More realistic game physics 

8) Please stop the rain inside my barns

9) Sort the traffic out, cars do not have a greater mass than my 40 ton tractor trailer unit

10) More realistic economy for all aspects of the game

Really don't care that much about brands, I would rather Giants spent the money on hiring more developers to improve the game play than waste money on brand licences.

• Like 4

Forgot one which as a YouTuber. Stop the flaming pop-ups stopping the action. The times I'm going well and the great demand pops up and breaks immersion.

• Super Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly 1

1 minute ago, mereman said:

Forgot one which as a YouTuber. Stop the flaming pop-ups stopping the action. The times I'm going well and the great demand pops up and breaks immersion.

Yea forgot about that, should pop as a text only and fade away with out stoping the action.

• Agree 1

My wish list is more about improvements I’d like to see in the next version of Giants Editor but some of them apply to the game as well.

·         Multiple navMeshes for a given animal type. Presently we are limited to a single navMesh per animal. I’d like to be able to create several navMeshes and link them in such a way that the animals could be transferred between navMeshes. In this way we could move cows from the barn navMesh to a pasture navMesh and then latter on move them to a different pasture navMesh and then finally back to the barn navMesh.

·         A rethink of you field dimensions are defined. The current system of defining field definitions as a parallelogram, or series of parallelograms is adequate for rectangular fields but quickly becomes inflexible as field shapes become more complex. I’d prefer a system of defining field edge path similar to how it’s done in Course Play.

·         Multiple elevations for water planes. As its stands we can implement multiple water planes at differing elevations but only water plane at the lowest elevation can be used as a water fill point. I’d like to be able to create lakes and ponds at different elevations while still being able to use each as a refill point, or at least have the option to do so.

·         Ability to paint more than 4 terrainLayerPaint layers in a single grid area. Bumping this up to 5 or 6 would make a huge difference allowing for more variation in scenery

·         The ability to click and drag transform groups and objects in the scenegraph

Changes that I’d like to see that would not require changes to GE but may require changes to the game engine

·         No rain through the roofs of structures

·         A rethink of the way cows and sheep are feed grass. Seems a bit redundant to feed them grass when they are on a pasture.

·         Better AI traffic. At present I find the AI physics and behavior to be immersion breaking, so much so that I rarely turn it on.

·         I’d have no objection to incorporating Seasons in game though I’d be perfectly happy with its continued development as a mod instead.

·         A more complex fertilization system along the lines of soil mod. Again I’d be just as happy if this came out as a mod, or got incorporated into Seasons as I would if they were incorporated into the game.

·         Contracts. Rather than selling when the price is the best I’d like to see an option to agree to sell at specific amount at a given price at a set time. The contract price could be better than the market price but would entail penalties if you fail to deliver.

There are a few other popular wishes that I’ve seen here and elsewhere that I’m not convinced would be good additions to the game.

·         Dynamic ground. Now I love playing Spintires, but that’s a game about getting stuck in the mud, I’d hate to see it taken to that extreme in FS. Dynamic terrain could be toned down from  Spintires levels to be more in keeping with the farming focus of FS but as Meremen alluded to the implementation in C&C hasn’t won me over. An additional consideration, from what I understand is that it would require a new game engine. There’s been some clamor for Giants to move to a new engine but I think these people seriously underestimate the difficulty in moving to a new engine. The devs would need to learn to use the new engine which might prove to be a significant learning curve. Secondly I doubt that any of the engines available would offer all of FS’s current functionality out of the box, which would mean the team would need to learn the new engine and then spend time modifying it to suit FS. Very doubtful that Giants could pull this off in the span of a 2 year dev cycle. The only option that I could see would be to have two separate teams working, one on FS19 using the current engine, and a second team developing a future iteration of FS (21 or possibly latter) on the new engine. Dovetail had promised to move Train Simulator over to a new engine a goal that slipped year after year. Eventually they released  the new engine as a new game rather than an iteration of the existing game.

·         Used vehicles. I like the idea in principal but I’d be concerned about how it effects game balance. Unless maintenance costs are higher than new, and remain so even after repair, then I don’t see why you would ever not buy used. If it is implemented I’d like to see it done so in a way that only a very limited selection  of equipment is available as used at any one time and that this selection would change over time with some equipment being sold off to the NPC’s and some other equipment becoming available. 

• Like 2

AI cars are lame.  there slow and if you crank them up to a decent speed they will ram you unless you extend their frontal hit box detection.  Traffic that could be a bit smarter like ATS although some will say that AI is fairly bad also.

Random traffic patterns where the map makers defines all the roads and traffic can go any direction at an intersection rather than an exact path.

AI farmers actually working fields.  Right now AI fields transition during the day on non seasons game play.  Seeing an AI farmer out in the field harvesting or plowing or other field work would be great vs just seeing the field change before your eyes.

Maybe its a byprodct of mod maps but the AI traffic does not seem to be on the correct scale to our tractors and such.  I would also like to see random in game tractors driving around intermixed with traffic.

So many great ideas.   I'd also like to see enhancements with the animal husbandry aspects of the game.  While I like dairy farming, I'd also like to have the ability to raise cattle for beef and have the ability to sell off steers etc.  

I'd also like to see the ability to move animals (cows mostly) from one field to another for better grazing.   Sometimes this might need to be done via trailer, but also having connecting fields where a gate cna be opened and then have the animals move into that field.  Then....speaking of grazing, I'd like the cows to be able to consume the grass on fields in the late spring, summer and fall.  Perhaps the manure they leave behind can also serve as fertilizer on these fields.  

Plus all the ideas already previously mentioned. 

• Like 1

I have noticed that we as a more mature players don't worry about more brands. I think that the chase for real manufacturers have pushed the standard game towards a equipment simulator and not a farm simulator.

• Winner 1
  • Like 3