Hello you all. So yesterday was the release of Pure Farming 2018. And I decided to give it a go and live stream at the same time. 

For me it did not start wery good the game crashes the first 6 attempt to start it. But I did not give up and we were of playing the game. For me I like the story and some of the features of that game. But I am having a big problem with the key bindings in the game. You can’t make your own key bindings because the game developers decided that we are not going to have that in the game. 

And you can only have the G29 steering wheel program to the game at the moment. 

And a x box controller.  So if you have G27 steering wheel you can’t use it sadly or any other wheels. 

But from all of that I enjoy the game because it has some nice features. Like the machines can brake down on you and you need to fix them.   And the do get dirty so need to be cleaned. You do work for other farmers to but for that you use your own machines to do that. And that is what I like most about it. 

So so that is how far I did get yesterday. I will add more to this as soon I have played the game more and tested the animals and green houses and more. 

Is the game worth buying I cannot answer that for you. Take a look at my live stream and make up your own mind ?. BR Ice 

• Like 3

I too had a quick play last night but quickly got fed up as the controls won't work, and like Ice says you can not use the g27, I will be leaving some feedback about the key binding or lack ofFrown( this could be quite a good game but this problem of only using an xbox controller and G29 wheel makes it unlikely to be a success,  I already have a G27, a keyboard and mouse that should be sufficient to play a simple farming game.

• Like 2

You can use keyboard and mouse only off course so we don’t forget to mention that. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Icelandic Farmer said:

You can use keyboard and mouse only off course so we don’t forget to mention that. 

I know but I have a wheel seams mad not being able to use itFrown( I will disconnect the wheel tonight if I get time and try again.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I spent most of the day doing the challenges. For me, that was frustrating. I am not much of a keyboard gamer, so I used the Xbox controller whenever possible. When I did use it (the keyboard ), my hand kept cramping...lol, I love getting old! You have to use it when working. So last night, I did the free farming...hired workers...and that, well, that took care of that. I never had a problem with crashes or anything. I did a short, no voice video of my attempt at the challenges.

Edited by Jim Estep ( Scoops )
  • Like 2

I have it, but haven't even launched it.  I learned of the non-support with the G27, but I believe they do plan to add support for the G27 very soon as that seems to be what most are complaining about.  I have already ruined my left wrist grinding through Car Mechanic Simulator 18 for many hours and just now have reached a point where it doesn't ache all the time.  

Yea...getting old sucks big time.

• Agree 1
  • Like 1

I have spent a fair bit of time in the game and I offer some different points of view on it, and some information.

1. Controller support is an issue - however the G27 DOES work - albeit the buttons mapping won't work as they are assigned totally arbitrary function id's as opposed to the G29, thus the issue is the button mapping causing issues.  Wheel and pedals actually work fine (as long as you do not have any other joystick/gamepads plugged in at same time).  

To get the Xbox controller to work perfectly - you also have to make sure no other controllers (wheels/joysticks) are plugged in at the same time.

Key Binding alteration is not available natively out of the box, which is the real stumbling block to getting the G27 working.

Now the Devs have already committed that within the next month they will work to get Key Binding modifications in the game, and also to support the G27 seeing as it has been the most requested since release and prior.

Controlling with the Xbox controller works perfectly fine, and tbh I have come to enjoy it as I can lean back in the chair and relax while playing, BUT if you are going to be forced to play with Keyboard and Mouse - you are in for a rough time, and ultimately you won't be able to give the game a fair go - as it is basically rubbish - too erratic and camera issue is terrible (Again though they have acknowledged the camera issue and have a fix coming for it already apparently).

Lastly though, I will state that the braking/reversing is an issue, and the option to not have auto engine start/stop is not present.

2. Don't compare the game to FS17 as FS17 currently stands. Many reviewers out there have done so and it is unrealistic and unfair to do so. Why?  Well remember FS17 has had two years of patches, hot fixes and development of mods - one of the big gripes from all these great YouTubers is things like "no seasons support", " no MR", etc etc - obviously forgetting that these were created by the modding community not Giants, and was not available as part of the game. Who is to say that this game won't have that in 18 months time and be better than what FS17 is now.

3. Some things it has that FS17 doesn't:

Graphics - Better Performance - yes it does, now while some say its not, have a close look and it will surprise you.  Depth of field is present, and their is no occlusion boundary like there is in FS17

Physics - Native in game physics much better than what FS17 offers without MR etc. Try pulling a 8000kg laden trailer up a hill with the small tractor - won't happen, everything feels heavy, but there are some inconsistencies - for example the Mitsubishi is a bit light by comparison.

Crops - Better - the provided variety out of the box is great, having to learn to deal with Rice, Coffee and Hemp is interesting, and the fact you need to IRRIGATE THE CROPS - is so much better than FS17 in the terms of realism - Overall I think this is one of the best parts of the game - watching the irrigation system working on the Coffee fields is great fun. This obviously provides more varied game play, which does counter the lack of equipment etc at the moment in the game.

Sounds - I think in many areas the sounds are much more realistic and better than in FS17, and in fact I think so far many aspects are far more detailed.

There is more that I could say, but I need to leave for work.

At the end of the day my advice is Compare the game to the vanilla release of FS17 and you will get a much better idea of where the game stands realistically.  I watched a YouTuber for instance who said the game is crap the tractors don't have lights - well if some of these people actually spent a little time looking into the game they would find these statements are false.....which when you see my videos you will hear me rant about....

No I am not being paid to like the game, but I hate people that can't give an honest appraisal of something.  I can't vouch to say go buy it you'll love it, but I can say that it is a good game - one that I am really enjoying with the Xbox Controller atm. After 2200+ hours in FS17 I think that it brings a new experience and is worthwhile - BUT if you are only going to be able to play it with Keyboard/Mouse and don't have a G29 or xbox/steam controller - then leave it for now.  When they do provide key binding and further support for G27 etc, then definitely return and look at it.

Here endeth my war and peace! Sorry! lol

• Like 4