the.geremy

Dedicated server

Hi guys,

i want to start dedicated server for farming simulator 2017, can you help me with basic info, like what I need to run such a server. I need to rent some server, that I understand and ho to I install the game and DLCs on server? Do I need to buy the game once more?

Thanks for every info. :)

g.

There are two main ways to run a dedicated FS server.  The easiest method is to rent the server from one of the game server hosts.  I personally use GameServers but others use a company called VeryGames and depending on your global location there may be others that are more local to you.  For companies like this you typically pay either monthly or yearly and you will pay for a server with x slots.  Typically the slots range from 6 to 16 and each slot is one player that can be on concurrently.  So for example I have a 10 slot server so I can host upto 10 players at once playing on the same map.

As to DLC's I can only refer to my experience with GameServers but all the DLC's are listed in the FS17 dedicated server web interface for me to activate should I wish.  Typically companies like this give you 4GB of storage to upload mods or mod maps to the server for the use on your game.  

The other way to run a server is to do it locally with a copy of FS17 and a spare computer. This would require you to own two copies of the game and to have a decent internet connection's upload capability so players can connect to your local server.  In that case you may need to also own a second copy of any DLC you should choose to use.  In this case you have the most control as you would not have that 4GB limit most likely.

Any player connecting would need to own any DLC that is activated on the server as well as have a copy of any active mods as well as the active map if you are doing a map that is not included in the base game.

• Like 1

Thanks Guys! I purchase a dedicated server Clanforge, as you sad, everything is there :) I just upload few mods and server is up and running. But... I activate also GPS mod on the server, and I start to use it at the moment, but when I activate navigation by GPS on the tractor, I am unable to steer any more even when I deactivate GPS mod :/. Do somebody use a GPS mod on his server, how is yours experience? Gunner thanks for hardware tips, but I have pretty good rig at home... and I prefer online server, for example I rent FS17 server for 8 players and also Teamspeak for 10 players is included and the price is only 9.5e per month, and maybe when you pay yearly, price will be little bit lower... It look like pretty cheap then to purchase own hardware. And also you don't have to care... they have to care about the hardware 😄 

not had that issue with GPS myself on a server.  maybe it relates to other mods your using.  for example if you use drive control and text chat on the server hitting the m key can really mess up your steering which you may not run into on SP cause you would not hit the m key for anything.

I find out where was the problem. I have sett up same shortcut for activating GPS and activating GPS wheel mode, and the wheel mode cause the problem.

zzz.thumb.png.deaf2bd89ba01c3ed7a1a54b927abce8.png

Do somebody know, how to configure DriveControl Mod on server. Because DriveControl mod has its own config file (driveControl_config.xml) stored in Farming Simulator folder, not in savegame folder. I don't find out how to edit that configuration file on server, where you can only edit files in savemode folder.

Edited by the.geremy

I finaly find out Smiley
DriveControl 4.11 version changes:
   - edited by the.geremy
   - change to take in consideration initial config from driveControl.lua file for dedicated server settup

To configure mod for single player edit driveControl_config.xml in FarmingSimulator2017 folder.
   This file will be created after first load of the savegame where this mod is ebabled.

To configure mod for multiplayer on dedicated server edit this lines:
      g_currentMission.driveControl.useModules.shuttle = false;      
      g_currentMission.driveControl.useModules.fourWDandDifferentials = true;
      g_currentMission.driveControl.useModules.cruiseControl = true;
      g_currentMission.driveControl.useModules.showNearestFillLevel = false;
      g_currentMission.driveControl.useModules.pipeCam = false;
      g_currentMission.driveControl.useModules.implementControl = false;      
      g_currentMission.driveControl.useModules.softGas = true;
      g_currentMission.driveControl.useModules.variGear = false;
      g_currentMission.driveControl.useModules.freeSteering = false;
      g_currentMission.driveControl.useModules.inching = false;
      g_currentMission.driveControl.useModules.showMotor = false;
   in driveControl.lua file located in this mod zip.
   Edit those lines before you load and use this mod on server otherwise you have to force values from initial config, read lines below.

Script looks for config file and loads it, when it does not find value for enable or disable module in config file, it looks for value in initial config in driveControl.lua file.
   So the values from config file (driveControl_config.xml) are preferred before values from initial config (driveControl.lua).
   To force values from initial config (driveControl.lua), set variable forceInitialConfig = true in driveControl.lua file.

Link to DriveControl 4.11 version:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=17LvjIziIOnO12QBpPBzyr8-4hhjHdOap

Edited by the.geremy