FarmerKlein

Please keep Doughboy2913 in your prayers!

Many of you know Doughboy2913.  He has not been online much as his job has him away from home a lot.  You may or may not know he is a truck driver and for many months has been hauling cows and other animals up and down the east coast.  Today Doughboy2913 was taken to the UVA Medial Center here in VA due to an accident he suffered while loading a load of cows.  The following are his own words. "I was flown to the trauma center today... while loading cows I had two trample me in the trailer. I just got brb out of one of many surgeries.  4 broken ribs and a collapsed lung.  Far from out of woods. Have a chest tube in. Will be in hospital for a while if I make it out. Was told I died on table and was brought back and I actually remember that... scary.."  If you are of the praying type, please take a few moments tonight and for the next several nights to pray for his recovery and for his family.  I know he has at least two kids and a wife in PA which is two states away.  I plan on visiting him as he is about 45 min from where I live once he is out of critical care and can receive standard visitors.  While he has not asked specifically for financial support if you are willing and able here is his Paypal link.  https://www.paypal.me/Doughboy2913 

• Like 2

Thanks @FarmerKlein please keep us updated on his progress and let him know we are thinking of him and his family.

• Agree 1

As I'm not religious  I won't pray but I will be thinking of him.

My wife had a collapsed lung last year so i know how bad it is, she only broke two ribs.

• Like 1

I visited him yesterday.  He is going well, was up and about disconnected from all the various lines and such they want to tie into you.  There was even talk of a potential discharge this weekend if things looked well with his lung.

• Super Like 1
  • Like 2

He was released yesterday and should be resting at home at this very moment.  I suspect the ride yesterday was terrible giving the long ride back home, about 4 hours he said, and the nature of a car that it will be bumping around and such no mater how easy you try to drive.

• Super Like 2
  • Like 1