farmerbernie

Where's the buzz?

I thought this group would be lighting up over the near release of FS19. Why so quiet?  Have watched bits and pieces of the pre-release live stream by Giants and will have to say it has been a little difficult to watch (English Version), but there does appear to be a fair amount of enhancements to make it worth while to transition over. Are we just destined to switch over or are there some members out there who will stay on FS17? Trying to hear what players are thinking. Let me know.

• Like 1

I will be out of town next week (why did GIANTS decide to launch this over the US Thanksgiving Holiday week LOL).  But I'm wrapping up my FS17 series on GreenRiver and spending some off camera time enjoying the new Mercury Farms.  But once I get back to my gaming rig I'll install FS19 and start my cotton growing empire.  

looking forward to the release as I think it will be fantastic.  

As for the Giants streams that have been taking place this week.  It's easy to "arm-chair quarterback" these things from the sidelines.  I've been somewhat frustrated and at times somewhat joyful in what I've seen and the way the info has been presented.  I've just about decided to stop watching it all and just wait until I can dive in and experience it all first hand.

Jerry

• Like 2

I have been extremely busy with personal and work life to have time on FS19,  its a mixture of excitement and disappointment. Excited that the rain will no longer break immersion by falling inside buildings and improved field fertilisation/weeding pesticide and nonplussed about horses & John Deer, only time will tell once I get to play and when we get great mod maps to enjoy because for me Giants maps are pants😁

• Like 3

For the first time ever, I've gone for a refund from Steam. I'm so gutted, but a line must be drawn.

Pressing the brake to go backwards after all these years?

Flickering buttons on a PC version, that is obvious after 5 mins?

Buttons that can't be mapped without a work round?

Bales still go into space,

Deformed terrain...stays deformed.

Placeables removed.

No effort into controller setup improvements. Some of the axis assignments both map to the + axis. For UP and Down? Hows that work?

I could go on and on, but I feel a message must be sent to Giants. If we are daft enough to buy the same game again, they will take our money.

Left for the modders to fix once more, while doing mutual back slapping on the sales figures.  Looks like Cattle and Crops, which scared them into action last time, is clearly no threat

• Like 2

I just installed it and am having same issues with controller set up it will accept my buttons on the wheel but will not accept the inputs for the accelerator and brakes steering was accepted but with the force feed back is way to stiff. I stick with 17 till some of the issues are worked out.

Not a very good start to a new game launch.

• Like 2

It is just first impressions, but sadly I am underwhelmed. First impressions matter and with the history of game creation Giants has, the expectations for quality out of the gate are higher. Won't go the refund route, but surprising to find these "glitches" when as far as I know the engine didn't change that much from FS17 to FS19, so why would they start glitching now? The physics even seem a little wonky while simply driving around and initially the combine got stuck even though I saw that occur in some pre-release streams and would have thought they would have jumped on to fix before release.  Also experienced some interface issues with even the keyboard and mouse and have seen lots of comments about controllers and wheel setup not working for players similar to @shakey posting.

Equally sad to see some equipment brands disappear from the base. I'm sure Deere cost them "Deerely" to include in the game, but the variety in the past allowed for more realistic farm setups that fit the map location.  Modders will, without a doubt, fill the void, but shouldn't have to rely on their efforts to complete a game.

Will be tweaking graphic settings to see if I can improve the look, but so far it feels more like "Pure Farming" than Farming Simulator in terms of the visual.

I know, I know....I will get feedback that says, it's early give it time. Easy to go negative. And no, I am not uninstalling FS19 and reinstalling FS15, but did expect somewhat better than I am receiving to this point.

• Like 3

I have had bereavement  in my family so have only had a very brief look so far and thought the town looked good but did notice the tractor physics being a bit weird and had to unplug the wheel to stop the flickering on screen so not impressed much yet but will hold a real judgment until I get time to play properly.

• Like 1

Still have problems with wheel and pedals. Remapped my controls still could not get it to work then this am started the game and checked my controls and the game reset them back to default.

There is a saying if it's not broke don't try to fix it. I guess Giants never heard that one before. I'll just wait for the patches i guess.

• Super Like 1

I didn't even try to use my wheel and pedals.  Saved the aggravation.  I'll have to admit, the game is so far a little disappointing.  I will wait for the modding community to work their magic as they always do.

• Like 1

I can go into the input settings and change things then when i star the game it changes everything back to default. Also looked in the log and force feed back is disabled and the wheel and pedals are not enabled. But they show in game settings i'll just wait till they get it fixed back to fs 17

• Informative 1

Hi guys, I'm downloading the game now. Going to be fun getting back into Farming Sim after a bit of a hiatus. This one looks like it has a lot of potential. 

• Like 2

My mates in Facebook groups are having a shed load of issues, including the 1.1 patch of 1.7gb!! That's some patch when you consider models and textures must be the lions share of it. I've seen screenshots of rain inside buildings too.
Although the reviews are turning in Giants favour, I still think we are being asked to buy a game largely untested for the PC, with a flagrant, disregard for our wishes.
The message I would like to send them if they cared, is remember No Man's Sky.

Edited by Phil Brown Farming

wow. I only use k/m and have not had any really bad issue. I am sad tho the rain does through the shed 😞  putting objects down kinda sucks ( we are on the 3rd map now trying to find something more flat to put things on)  i can say the collision seems to be better to me, like using a forks you can pick upi and put down with less fuss.

the track vehicles seems to be a little wrong, like they spin a lot ie: New Holland harvester  

but over all i am ok with a 35 dollar game

• Like 1