Wonko

FS19 What do you think

FS19 What do you think?  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So its been out long enough now for a solid opinion on the latest version of our favourite farming game, please vote and make a comment if you wish about why you think its great or otherwise.

Just being curious as to the general feeling in our community.

It was rushed to market, and was not ready for release. Giant did the bare minimum for 19 to be able to call it a new game. Most of the upgrades are old technology compared to the rest of the gaming world. Everyone I know thinks Ravenport is very poor representation of rural farming in the U.S., and thinks Giant owes the community  a new map.  Its a good things we have mods emerging, otherwise 19 would be worth much on its own. Even important mods have all been delayed, as Giant was late in releasing the LUA's. And don't get me started on the still buggy release of GE 8, GE is still doing some weird stuff, and not behaving well. The upgrades we got are a nice welcome, but the game could be more. You should not have to rely on the mod community to make your game.

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

It's been over a month since it's release and a lot of people still cannot use their wheel and pedals they say a patch is coming to fix that but i have not seen it yet. The pedal problem is for pedals that are usb and not plugged into the wheel. As for my wheel i have to go into my control panel every time i play the game and set the gain setting to zero or the wheel is so stiff cna't turn it. Never had any problems with FS 17 .

This release has more bugs in it than a cheap hotel.

Edited by Shakey
  • Like 1

Anybody else put out by the way Giants is trickling out their own pieces of equipment? I understand the submission, testing, and final release of mods created by 3rd parties, but I feel that they should have had more of their own produced implements ready to go day one.  It seems like a conscious decision to just release one or two here or there to keep interest up. Personally, it is kinda turning me off to the whole thing. Glad to see the modding community is still providing good products but I expect a little better out of Giants itself.

• Agree 1

We have over 5k members here at PC-SG I would love to gather more opinions about this latest version of Farm Simulator please even if you dont want to make a comment you can still cast your vote so we can get a better idea of what the overall feeling is for this game we enjoy playing.

Ok. I will add another 2 cents (American) worth. Take for example the GPS mod. That should have been incorporated by Giants by now as GPS is a staple to American farming operations. Sure you can hire workers, but that's totally different than using GPS to work a field. I understand that the modder who created this is not planning on updating for FS19. Which  I appreciate given the amount of effort they have put in so far to update through FS17.  Giants should have simply reached out to the developer and purchased the rights or offered some type of royalty to assure it is included. 

For that matter where are Seasons? That should be baked in by now also, but instead we are left waiting for someone else to do the heavy lifting.

And since I'm on a roll. Will someone please respond and in simple terms, that I can grasp, explain why FS19 is so much better graphically than FS17? I keep hearing this comment and I don't know what it is that stands out to make the graphical experience better, other than cutting my fps in half on a good graphics card.

Anybody who has seen my posts in the past, know that I will eventually drink the Kool Aid and be on board with FS19 because it is still a great game;  but just taking a little longer for me to warm up this go around.

• Like 1

I'm sorry to say it has put me off Farming Simulator for good it hasn't got that feel good factor anymore, the lighting is abysmal I have played around with the controls so much and cant get it to the quality of previous versions, I have exchanged views with several FS fans who have given up like me, they have either returned to FS 17 or FS 15 another has returned to FS 11 🧐

• Like 1

FS19 is getting better as more mods are beginning to show up.  Courseplay is coming along nicely and the new GPS equivalent is helpful.  Stevies Fenton Farm has also saved the game in my mind.  I'm missing Seasons and FollowMe.  But the number of bugs still present in the game is surprising considering we are now three months post release.  For example, the Kuhn round baler that wraps doesn't wrap grass bales.  This being a Giants model you would think it would work as its supposed to.  Perhaps the upcoming patch will resolve the issues.  But who really knows.

While FS17 had some issues on release, I'm pretty sure three months post release things were much, much smoother.   So come on Giants...release the patch and make Farming Simulator Great Again.  

J

• Like 3

You have a different experence than I on the Kuhn combo baler.  I haven't had any issues with it wrapping grass.  Got folks on MP server using it for silage bales all the time.  

Really??? I honestly think FS19 is going to be the death of me.  

• Like 2

Found out my issue with the Kuhn baler/wrapper was a dodgy JD 568 round baler I had installed.  It was part of a mod pack from Expendables Modding.  When deactivated the Kuhn works fine.  

• Like 1