What are Clubs?
Clubs are communities within the PC-SG community created and maintained by PC-SG members. (Similar to Facebook groups for example.) Clubs can be created around certain topics or projects that are related to simulator gaming or PC-SG.
Clubs can have their own:-
- Activity Stream
Adding a Club
Any member can add clubs, but there are some rules. There are 2 club types you can use and you need to pick the appropriate one while creating your club. (You won’t be able to change it later.) The owner of the club controls who can join the club to make posts. Members request to join and the owner then or approves or denies the request.
- Open clubs must be “general-interest” clubs within the community, since the posts are public. Examples: “Trucking“, “Flying”, “Farming Simulator” basically any thing that relates to what the community is all about.
Closed clubs still need to be related to simulator gaming somehow, but you have much greater freedom here, since club content will never be public, only approved members will see your club content.
- Closed clubs based on topics. Examples of allowed clubs, which should be set to closed: mod development, new game development or may be a community project that needs to be private until public release.
- Closed clubs still need to be related to simulator gaming somehow, but you have much greater freedom here, since club content will never be public, only approved members will see your club content.
Each club has three levels of user:
Leader:- A leader has all of the permissions of a moderator, and can add other moderators. They can also add content areas The club owner is automatically a leader.
Moderators:- Moderators, as the name implies, have the ability to moderate content posted within the club. As the site administrator, you can define which moderator tools can be used. You could, for example, prevent any content being deleted from clubs, but allow it to be hidden. Moderators can also remove members from a club.
Users:- Anyone else that joins the club.
Setting up your club
- Just fill out the form to create a new club. Pick a title and description and add a club profile image and cover photo. (Make sure you have the rights to use the images you upload. Don’t just pick images from Google which might be copyrighted.)
- You can add additional modules to your club: Forum (topics) and Calendar (events) Blogs, Downloads and galleries. You can add them multiple times, but plan your sections carefully! Once created, you cannot remove them anymore. Usually, one forum is enough to run a club.
- You are the only member of your club at first. You can directly invite other PC-SG members or if its a closed club members can ask to join.
Got further questions about clubs? Feel free to ask in the Forums.